Pinyin Tutor Demo Version
Begin the demo (use ID: "demo")
RequirementsThe Pinyin Tutor requires Flash Player and audio output.
- Please set your volume or plug in your headphones before you begin.
- If you do not already have Flash Player installed, you will be prompted to do so.
Pinyin Entry Conventions
When entering Pinyin in the Pinyin Tutor, the following conventions should be followed:
- Use numbers (1, 2, 3, 4) for the four tones. For example, “tóngxué” would be written as “tong2xue2”.
- Use number 5 for the neutral tone. For example, “shénme” would be written as “shen2me5”.
- Use “v” for the umlauted “ü”, as in “nv3er2” for “nǚ’ér”.
- Spaces are ignored and it is not case sensitive.
- Punctuation (such as apostrophes, questions marks or hyphens) is not accepted.
To run the Pinyin Tutor Demo:
- Click on the link below
- A login window will pop up
- Enter the following ID: "demo" (case sensitive) and hit carriage return.
- You will hear the first sound. Then type the pinyin and hit carriage return.
- If you are correct, you can advance to the next sound by hitting a second carriage return.
- If you made a mistake, you have to try two more times. You still need to hit a second carriage return to go on to the next try.
- If you would like to hear the sound again, hit "listen to target".