We expect that researchers will contribute corpora constructed with TalkBank programs and tools.
It is the obligation of TalkBank to assure that these contributions are properly acknowledged
and that the data are correctly stored and distributed.
To contribute a new data set:
- First, please send an email message to me (Brian MacWhinney) at firstname.lastname@example.org advising me about your contribution.
- I will then create a folder on Google Drive which I will share with you. Google will send you a message inviting you to
join and use this shared folder.
- To use this folder, you will need a gmail account. You may already have one.
If not, you can get one at www.gmail.com.
- Within your shared folder, please create one folder into which you upload your transcripts and
documentation and another for your media.
- Also, please print out this contribution form and complete and sign it.
If you can scan it, then you can include it in the upload. Otherwise, you can send it to me through postal mail
to Brian MacWhinney, Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA.
- Once you have finished with the uploading, please send me an email note saying that the files are ready.
- I will then check over the files using CHECK and CHATTER and make sure that the filenames and everything
work with the overall database system. Once they are in place, I will eventually announce the addition of the new
corpus to the info-childes list or the aphasiabank list.
- We are all very thankful for the kindness and collegiality you are showing in contributing your hard-won data.
Guidelines for corpus documentation are given in section 4.5 of the
Researchers interested in guidelines for creating a new longitudinal corpus may find
this page of suggestions useful.