Researchers are expected to contribute corpora constructed with TalkBank programs and tools. It is the obligation of TalkBank to assure that these contributions are properly acknowledged and that the data are correctly stored and distributed.
To contribute a new data set:
- First, please send an email message to me (Brian MacWhinney) at email@example.com advising me about your contribution.
- Combine your transcript data and documentation into a single archive file using ZIP, TAR, or StuffIt formats (.zip, .tar, .sit) and send it to me as an email attachment.
- Often, media files are too big to be sent as email attachments. Instead they should be transferred using Google Drive. To do this, click on this Google link.
- Once this is done, please send me another email message immediately saying that you transferred the media files to Google Drive.
- Finally, please print out this contribution form and complete and sign it. Then mail or email it to Brian MacWhinney, Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA.
Guidelines for corpus documentation are given in section 4.5 of the