Researchers are expected to contribute corpora constructed with TalkBank programs and tools. It is the obligation of TalkBank to assure that these contributions are properly acknowledged and that the data are
correctly stored and distributed.
To contribute a new data set:
- First, please send an email message to Brian MacWhinney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Combine your transcript data into a single archive file using ZIP, TAR, or StuffIt formats (.zip, .tar, .sit).
- Usually, the zipped transcript files can be sent as email attachments.
- Often, media files are too big to be sent as email attachments. Instead they should be transferred using SFTP to mail.talkbank.org with username transfer. Write to email@example.com to request the password. Click here for instructions on using SFTP.
- After the files have been transferred using SFTP, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming the successful transfer.
- Finally, please print out this contribution
form and complete and sign it. Then mail it to Brian MacWhinney,
Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh,
PA 15213, USA.
Guidelines for corpus documentation are given in section 4.5 of the